Traer was one of the first communities of its size to develop a municipal airport, being dedicated in 1961 at the northeast edge of town. Prior to that, an airpark was established in 1945. Flying Traerites, however, has even earlier beginnings with airplanes appearing in the area in the early 1920's. The present landing strip was enlarged in 1973 and there are presently six hangars to serve the aviators in the area.
Traer Municipal Airport
2604 170th Street, Traer, IA 50675
James Trotter - Manager